TERMS & CONDITIONS
Covid -19 - Status Update: 23rd March
Until the ban on 'non essential travel' is lifted we are forced to close our doors. We have currently contacted everyone on events with us up until the end of April and we will review this stance again mid-way through April with regards to May's events.
We are offering credit which is valid for 12 months after the date of your original booking to those events we cannot run due to Covid-19. I hope this is seen as fair and flexible in these unprecedented times.
Matt Le Voi
1. Once Lakeland Mountain Guides Limited have agreed to take a booking from a customer, the customer is entering into a contract with Lakeland Mountain Guides.
2. Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian throughout the event to be able to participate.
3. After booking you have 3 days in which to change to another event or cancel your booking. If you cancel within 3 days you will receive a full refund. After the 3 day period we may only provide a maximum refund of 50% - but in some cases may not provide any refund at all. This includes altering the event participants and requested number of instructors. We strongly recommend you take out cancellation and curtailment insurance.
4. In the event that Lakeland Mountain Guides Limited must cancel an event before the intended event date you will receive a full refund for the event fee. We will always seek a viable alternative if possible. We will not be held responsible to other losses (Accommodation, fuel costs, food etc) occurred to the cancellation of the event. Again, for this reason we recommend you take out cancellation and curtailment insurance.
5. Lakeland Mountain Guides Limited reserves the right to vary walks or events from the specification set out in the Confirmation. This is most likely to be a weather dependent action. We will aim to keep an event as true to the booking as possible.
6. All bookings are made on the basis that customers will observe the safety instructions provided by Lakeland Mountain Guides Limited Staff. To ignore these instructions, you do so at your own risk. The word of the instructor/ leader/ guide is final.
7. Lakeland Mountain Guides Limited reserve the right to exclude customers from an event if they are not adequately prepared , not fit enough or their actions will jeopardise their own, other customer's or the instructor's safety. We also reserve the right to exclude a customer if their attitude is aggressive or offensive. If you leave an event part way through and you and the guide are happy with the action, then the guides duty of care over you ends there.
8. Lakeland Mountain Guides accept no responsibility for customers' personal property that may be lost or damaged during the event. This includes property left in the leaders car during an event.
9. Participation in adventurous activities entails some risk of injury and death. All staff employed by the company are trained and appropriately qualified to run courses and will at all times proceed in a manner to limit the risk of injury. However, customers need to accept that accidents and injuries can happen. To participate in the event you will need to read our Disclosure of Risk and sign the Acknowledgement of Risk.
These documents are available to read here:
10. In the case where the organiser is not participating in the event, it is the organisers responsibility to pass on all information to the participants (Kit List, Terms and Conditions, Event information)
11. Provisional Bookings will be held for 7 Days only. After this period Lakeland Mountain Guides Limited reserves the right to alter any previous quote provided. A provisional booking should not be interpreted as forming a contract between the parties.
12. Lakeland Mountain Guides Limited responsibility for you on the event begins at the designated Meet Point on your event itinerary. Lakeland Mountain Guide's takes no responsibility for getting you to the beginning of the event
13. By completing a booking, you consent to Lakeland Mountain Guides Limited using any media (including photographs and/or video footage) made of you during the event which may or may not encompass intellectual property rights belonging to you and that these images may be used by Lakeland Mountain Guides Limited for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, websites, marketing material and in the media. If you do not wish for your image to be used you must inform Lakeland Mountain Guides Limited before the event.
15. By confirming a booking, you are agreeing to the above Terms and Conditions.
For any clarification please feel free to Contact Us.